Sunday 20 May 2007

Mad dogs, horses and flies!

Great tea-time ride today. Great weather - lots of sunshine but not too hot - added to the enjoyment! P and me got out after he finished work and we tackled one of our favourite "doorstep" routes. After much discussion as we started by the time we got home we decided it ranks as moderate route due to a couple of steep climbs along the way and the distance (19 miles). The fact that I took a spill probably confirms that grading - although strictly that was my own stupid fault when I stopped to take a picture of a turning on the route:
I'm still pondering the best way to put routes up here! So far I think I will use OpenOffice's Write - convert to PDF and then on to jpeg. Jpeg can be posted as an image which can then be opened and printed out. Write will save as Html but that doesn't get around the problem of enabling routes to be easily printed out.

The title of this posting refers to:

  • The big bad barking dogs you encounter on route - they are behind a fence.... except once they got out!
  • Horses - apparently young 'uns can be a little unpredictable. Yes they can be!
  • Flies - a huge one and an open mouth sucking in air as I powered up the hill. You get the picture...?
This week I'll format the route and see if it works!